I have seen friends on Facebook and Twitter posting about things they are thankful for this year, and it has inspired me to create a list of my own thanksgivings for 2012.
1: First and foremost, I want to thank God for putting me here on this beautiful Earth and allowing me to wake up another day.
2: My wonderful husband, for loving me every day, accepting me the way I am, faults and all. He is my rock and my best friend, and I am very lucky to have such a fantastic partner in this world. Who else would have taken me on a surprise skydiving trip for our one year anniversary this past year? He just gets me, and I fall in love with him more and more every day.
3: My parents for an amazing upbringing full of love and support. For giving me everything I could have asked for, and although at times I thought they were too tough on me, it has made me stronger and more independent for it. There have been a few bumps in the road this past year, and I am so thankful to have had my mom and dad by my side during these times.
4: My sister for being the BSITWWW (Best Sister in the Whole Wide World). For being the person that I can always come to if I need to get something off my chest, for making me laugh constantly, for reading my mind without ever having to say a word. For being able to sing every song from The Sound of Music or Grease from start to finish with me, and for being my partner in crime growing up.
5: My in-laws for always accepting me from the start. For never questioning the fact that I was Catholic and their son was Jewish. For respecting me and welcoming me lovingly into their family.
6: My extended family. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, etc. For always being there. As crazy as we all are, we always have the most amazing time together. I relish in our Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, Easter, and Outer Banks celebrations every year. There are a lot of us, which only means a lot more love and fun times to go around.
7: My friends. I am very lucky to have made such wonderful friends throughout each and every moment of my life. From Queen Anne, to Bowie Soccer United, the Beltway Lady Cougars, St. Mary of the Assumption, to Archbishop Spalding, to the University of Maryland, to my girls at Alpha Phi, to the Dewey Crew, all the way to New York City. Each one of you has made a difference in my life for the positive. You are also my extended family, and I would not be where I am without your friendship and support.
8: Popcorn and Pandas. The former being my favorite snack in the world and the latter being the most adorable animals on the planet.
9: Brooklyn, for being an affordable way to stay in New York city without going broke. Being able to have the luxuries of a washer/dryer, dishwasher, a 2 bedroom apartment inside of a house with the most amazing neighbors while still having Manhattan and all it’s glory right at our fingertips has just been a blessing.
10: My boss for keeping me employed during an awful recession period, helping me continue to grow in my field, being a great mentor in the production, television, animation, and advertising industries, and for making the work day enjoyable.
11: Uncommon Goods for employing my husband thereby, helping to keep a roof over our heads, food in our bellies, giving us the ability to travel back and forth to Maryland to see family and friends, and for making possible those moments where I “just had to have” those pair of shoes.
12: My nephew pup, Finley, who I just met and already love and adore. He is the cutest, sweetest little tyke I have ever seen!
13: My health, for allowing me to run around and play soccer and basketball, run races, dance, and do all the other things that I love.
14. The invention of photography for allowing me to capture almost every moment of life. For without photography, I would probably forget half of the things I have done and accomplished. People say I have a good memory, and while this may be true, I remember so much through my photos, and cherish those memories every time I view them.
15. Music for putting me in a good mood, for enjoyable car rides, for awesome nights on the dance floor, for lazy nights at the beach, for getting me through house cleaning, to accompany me while cooking, for jam sessions with my husband, etc.
16. Teachers and coaches for making a difference in the future of America. I had many great teachers and coaches growing up, and wouldn’t be where I am today without their guidance and leadership in the classroom and on the field/court.
17. Our military for putting their lives on the line to protect our freedoms in this country. Your service is much appreciated.
18. Doctors, especially Dr. Q. for dedicating his life and career to curing brain cancer. He fought for my friend John, and still continues to do so every day with Q’s Quest.
19. Ice Cream for curing my sweet tooth always.
20. The film industry for giving me a drive and passion to succeed and be creative.
21. Artists for continually reminding me that humans are capable of creating beautiful things.
22. Technology for making it easier and faster to communicate with people from all over the world.
23. Television for giving me an outlet when I am stressed to just chill and relax without having to think about anything. Also to reality TV for helping me realize that other people are much crazier than me!
24. For the amazing restaurants in NYC. You provide a most delectable experience for those nights where I just do not feel like cooking.
25. For online shopping, because with my busy travel schedule, I find it hard to make it out to the store as often as I would like.
26. For children, who are completely innocent, and remind me of the days when things were so simple.
27. For my long subway ride to work (I know, weird right?) for allowing me to catch up on all of my reading daily.
28. Our car, so that I no longer have to take the Bolt Bus on every trip down to Maryland. Having the car has definitely made traveling a lot less stressful, and being able to come and go at our leisure instead of being locked into a schedule has been bliss.
29. My family home. I’m so grateful that my parents still live where I grew up. I am able to come back to visit and be greeted by all the memories of childhood.
30. The Brown Family for cooking Thanksgiving dinner today, so that we can enjoy the benefits of a fabulous meal without having to do all the work. Don’t worry, we got you on Christmas 🙂
What are you thankful for this year?
Hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving! Enjoy!